14 Jul 2007

Mother cleared of pledging baby to be suicide bomber

The Scotsman, Scotland, UK

July 14, 2007

by Shenai Raif


A young wife alleged to have pledged her baby son to be a suicide bomber if her husband died a martyr was cleared yesterday.

Bouchra El Hor, 24, was found not guilty at the Old Bailey of failing to disclose information about her husband, Yassin Nassari, which could have prevented an act of terrorism.

London-born Nassari, 28, was found guilty of having documents and data for terrorism after a search of their luggage at Luton Airport in May last year.

The court was told the couple, from Ealing, west London, were stopped when returning to England from Holland. Nassari’s hard drive was later discovered to contain plans for building a missile similar to those used in the Middle East.

He also had a letter from El Hor, a Dutch national, in which she appeared to be urging him to become a terrorist martyr.

But she told the court the letter was a work of fiction and she knew nothing about what Nassari was doing.

Aftab Jafferjee, prosecuting, alleged the letter by El Hor was meant to encourage him and indicated that she hoped their five-month-old baby would be able to follow his footsteps.

It read: “I am so proud of my husband. I am happy that Allah has granted you the chance to be a martyr.

“I really wish I could go with you because I too feel obligated. I’d like to participate in any way I can. Maybe one day I can follow you. If I can’t, I will send our son to you so he can follow his father’s footsteps.

“I will do anything in my power to raise our son in the best way I can. I will also tell him about his father so he can be proud of him and follow his footsteps.”

She denied she wanted her baby son to become a suicide bomber.


http://www.religionnewsblog.com/18736/baby-suicide-bomber

No comments:

Post a Comment